Important Facts to Know After a Car Accident
Getting into a car accident is traumatic. Everyone rightfully actively avoids accidents. Unfortunately, they do happen. That's why we want to help make the process as easy as possible for you, our customer. When you do get into an accident, there are some things you should know before giving out any information to your insurance company. After an accident, you will be given a lot of misinformation. It's OK, we've all been there before. Some of the misinformation is well-meaning, but some of it is also to take away your hard-earned money.
Here is the Number One thing we hear from our customers after an accident: Federal or State law requires you to get more than one estimate
This is untrue.
- No Federal or State law requires you to get more than one estimate.
- You are not obligated to use any particular body shop to obtain repairs. You the consumer choose the body shop and authorize the repairs.
- You don’t have to accept the Insurance Companies appraisal of the damage. See the “Appraisal Clause” in you policy to resolve differences.
- You are responsible for the cost of repairs. Financial arrangements must be completed before the vehicle can be released.
- At Morrie's Bodyworks, our people are professionally-trained craftsmen who will do a quality job of restoring your vehicle at a fair price.